It’s Not Privacy or Security, It’s Both
TIME: 9:00 am PDT / 12:00 pm EDT / 4:00 pm GMT
PRESENTER: Alyssa Rosinski - Director of Global Channel and Partners, The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
As you may know, the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) went into effect on May 25th, putting into motion a new legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). While most believe GDPR specifically applies only to EU countries, this is a misconception as the Regulation affects any organization that collects, stores, or processes EU personal data - regardless of location.
With the potential for significant revenue-based fines under GDPR, the stakes are high. Now is the time to understand your organization's cybersecurity practices, data privacy needs, and how to begin combining them to better protect personal data, mitigate breaches, and know how to respond when one happens. As privacy and Security go hand-in-hand.
Join our webinar to learn more about:
- Cybersecurity and data privacy - how both exist in today’s digital marketplace
- The difference between cybersecurity and data privacy
- How to minimize the risk of cybersecurity breaches
- What is data privacy?
- What data privacy skills are needed
- Why certification and membership matter
- A combined path to a more secure and protected ecosystem